Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

CrossFit, Raise The Bar.

Lift like a girl, translates as 'lift like a beast'. First rule of CrossFit is to never have a routine, every WOD (workout of the day) is a blend of strength, endurance and agility training. The first time I stepped into the box (gym) it was sweaty, intense and loud, you will be intimated by how complicated it seems to an outsider. Everybody who joins CrossFit seems to be obsessed with it, I tried it a couple of years back but my body wasn't ready for such a strict regime, so this time when I decided to give it try I was much more prepared to enjoy the soreness. 

Life Hack: Raise the bar for yourself, raise the bar for a stronger you. Hard is not bad, hard is just hard and requires more discipline.
Personally I have never put myself through anything so physically challenging, it is my attempt to increase my threshold for pain.You are, what you repeatedly do when things get hard.

CrossFit is extremely rigorous, it takes time for your body to adjust to the new regime but if you are persistent it will start getting you stubborn about your workout goals. Hard work and the way your body looks is directly proportionate to each other, as women we need to give more importance to mobility, strength and intelligence. 

Beauty is measured in joy and pride, every time I walk out with all that sweat and soreness, I feel beautiful.  I am recognising and accepting my body's gifts and shortcomings, I understand my body much better now.
"I can do that, may be not that fast, may be not that heavy but I can do it.. and I will”.

I train with RudeBox Fitness @BeatNBounce, incase you are interested.
Be Our Fan Join us on Insta Follow Us on Twitter!




No comments:

Post a Comment