Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Mumbai is my Gangsta state of mind.

  • ·         7:45  AM – Rickshaw to Metro
  • ·         8:00  AM – Metro to Andheri Station
  • ·         8:25  AM – Local train to Churchgate station
  • ·         9: 30 AM – My grand entry into Churchgate Station
  • ·         9:40  AM – Cab to Office
  • ·         10:00 AM- Finally Office

Total Calories Burnt– 600 plus depending on the level of humidity and lechers that burn your blood
Mode of Transport - Everything that exists in Mumbai

And still, I love this city. You know why? Because this city gives me the strength of character that no other place can. I have my “Mumbai, you suck days” but still Mumbai Patao’s me (Mumbai lingo*).

#Life Hack: Mumbai adjusts with everyone for everything.

I spend almost 4 hours commuting from the Suburbs to Town daily, it’s like travelling from one spectrum to another. I go from rags to riches and back within 24 hours.

Sometimes the day starts with my rickshaw screeching next to Hritik Roshan's car casually waving out to his fan at the signal and sometimes it starts with jumping open manholes, dodging street dogs.

Mumbai is built on irony, you will experience the best and the worst within 30 minutes. You will love it and hate it with the same intensity but you will never relive Mumbai in another city. Guarantee!!
Cheap thrills of a Mumbaikar
  • When you enter office and it starts pouring on the next colleague, feels like a gold medal in Asian Games.You out performed the clouds. Mission accomplished.
  • Your Cabby screeches’ through the Red light, you know its risky but don’t stop him because, Mumbai never stops.
  • I LOVE Salman Khan, I watch all his movies, and cheer every time he hosts Big Boss but if I ever stood next to him (hypothetical) I wouldn't even acknowledge him. Its too North Indian you know’.
  • No matter which city I visit in this whole wide world, I talk about Mumbai as the city of dreams. " Oh my god, you haven't been to Mumbai
  • Mumbai’s favorite lingo is "Boss".Applicable everywhere, Boss thoda shift na (Request) Boss kya Karr raha hai (Frustration), Tu toh Boss hai yaar (Appreciation), Baby you are the Boss of my life (Romantic)
  • Beating up a mawali on the road is your kick boxing induction, now you are a certified Ninja girl.
For me, Mumbai is my pulse. Always alive and kicking.




3 comments:

  1. Mumbai tips..
    - wen u go for lalbaughcha raja Darsham the first thng new will ask u is "kitna time laga"
    - 2nd class tckt Rs 9 n 1st class tckt 120 what d difference. .u don't get to sit newer
    - a friend asked me mumbai me boot barish ho rahi hai kya..I said no re..trains r running fine
    .

    ReplyDelete