Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Meet my latest obsession: Steve Jobs

I am at that stage in life, where I have million questions and zillion options. There's one man who's pace and vision can inspire any entrepreneur. His stories have been here long but somehow, just followed him like any other “non-apple user", until I got one myself. Known to be a follower of Zen Buddism. Regarded as “difficult yet valuable” by co-workers. He was complicated, but he sparked innovation and changed the way we spend 10 hours at work.

"What makes Steve's methodology different from everyone else's is that he always believed the most important decisions you make are not the things you do, but the things you decide not to do."

#Life Hack: "I believe life is an intelligent thing, that things aren't random," – Steve Jobs
How was Steve Jobs childhood?
Steve Jobs was adopted at birth by Paul Reinhold Jobs and Clara Jobs an Armenian American couple. His father was the one, who introduced him to working on electronics in the family garage. It all started as a hobby, that would be the foundation of his future empire.

Do you know who introduced typography?
Steve Jobs had dropped out of college, with so much time on hand he decided to take calligraphy and that’s where he started experimenting with serif and san serif typefaces. Mac was the first to introduce multiple fonts. This was obviously copied by Windows.

What was his personal style?
Steve usually wore a black long sleeved mock turtleneck by Issey Miyake, with a pair of Levis jeans and New Balance sneakers. He liked this dress code as it was a matter of daily convenience and a classic signature style.

Do you know, about his connection with India?
Jobs traveled to India and stayed here for almost 7 months while he became a serious practitioner of Zen Buddism. Meditation was his way to calming his mind.

Was his room messy?
He was a minimalist, his house had no furniture. Just a painting of Einstein, who he admired greatly. A Tiffany lamp, chair and bed. Too many things made him feel chaotic within.

I love knowing tiny details about people, it’s what shapes their personality. This post is an amalgamation of various things I read about him. He gave us a lesson on “how to anticipate change”. Can we use the same vision for ourselves too?

30ish started as a personal blog, today I have readers from all over the world checking my posts and writing to me. I anticipate something very exciting for the blog, and that's why I am ready to trust my gut and leap forward. Leave a comment and tell me if this makes sense to you as my reader.

Hugs, 30ish.




No comments:

Post a Comment